I simply love beetroot juice, especially when mixed with pineapple. Beetroot has been gaining a lot of attention lately from athletes as it is great for boosting stamina and making muscles work harder. Beetroot also contains potassium, magnesium, iron, folic acid and vitamins A, B6 and C.
“Where do you get your fibre?”
This is questions often asked of juice junkies like myself. The truth is many fruits and vegetables contain soluble fibre and beetroot (beets if you are in the US) are a great source of soluble fibre. They also contain protein and powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants are believed to help reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, in turn protecting artery walls and reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- 1 beetroot
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1/2 avocado
How to Make It
- Wash / clean all the produce
- Remove skin from pineapple and chop the flesh. Juice the pineapple flesh and then juice the skin.
- Chop and juice the carrots
- Chop and juice the beetroot
- Remove the skin and stone from the avocado and place it in a blender. Pour over the juice and blend until smooth.
Subscribe To Natural Juice Junkie
Want the latest information and exclusive offers and recipes?