Did you see my recent interview with Kitten the Juice Pirate who has lost 250 pounds through juicing? Now Kitten returns to NaturalJuiceJunkie.com with 11 of her top juicing tips:
- Pre Plan your juices. Make yourself a schedule. The more prepared you are the easier things will run.
- If you know your going to have a busy schedule pre-make your juice the night before and store them in an air tight container like a mason jar.
- Have fun and try as many recipes as you can find till you come up with a favourite juice list.
- If your bored and craving a different texture , turn your juice into a smoothie, throw it in a blender with a cup of ice, banana, or avocado.
- Try and juice as many greens as you can. Add some veggies to your fruit juice.
- Remember to remove pits and stones. Pits are very bad for your juicer!
- When first starting , green juice might be hard for you to get use to . If you find this is the case try adding extra fruit. Try a few things till you find something that works. I have added an extra apple, I’ve tried grapefruit, tried pineapple and also tried 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- There is a lot of nutrients in stems and leaves. For example, beet (beetroot) tops, kale stems and strawberry tops. Don’t be afraid to juice them .
- If you over fill your juicer you can break it causing it to over heat. Be sure to empty the waste and don’t over fill the juicer. I learned that the hard way.
- Ginger is wonderful , it is one of my favourites that I add to all my juices. Ginger is strong and a little goes a long way. Try small pieces till you find what works or you can find your lips burning.
- Juice pulp is awesome, you can use it to make yummy crackers, dips, smoothies and soups.
Subscribe To Natural Juice Junkie
Want the latest information and exclusive offers and recipes?