Ever had problems peeling a banana? I know I have.
Sometimes it can be tough getting into the top of the banana (at stem) to break the skin and start peeling. Is this the way monkeys peel bananas?
I just saw a YouTube video in that starts by saying “I learned a new trick yesterday and it really blew my mind.”
The guy in the video explains that he had been “eating bananas forever” and in an attempt to open them would dig his finger in to the banana or bite it getting “that nice taste of banana in your mouth”.
Monkeys don’t peel bananas from the stem
Like me, he was always trying to open the banana from the stem, until a friend showed him how monkeys open a banana! Monkeys don’t open bananas from the stem. They go to other end (what I guess many of us would consider the bottom of the banana), pinch the tip of the banana and it splits. It is then really easy to peel!
If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again
Bananas cannot be juiced, but I often put them in smoothies and I love eating bananas too! Here are just a few of the many benefits of bananas:
- Bananas stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium.
- Due to high levels of vitamin B6, bananas protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells!
- Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. Maybe bananas are behind the phrase “happy as a monkey”?
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux and heartburn.
Subscribe To Natural Juice Junkie
Want the latest information and exclusive offers and recipes?