My mate Jay Halford (an awesome raw food chef) and I recently delivered a combined juicing and raw food demo at Vegfest London. When we were playing with recipe ideas for the event we decided to see what we could make from some juice pulp. These delicious raw chocolate truffle bliss balls were the result.
- 100g Carrot, Orange and Ginger Pulp
- 8 dates (soaked for 2-3 hours)
- 40g cacao powder
- 50g cashews (soaked for 2-3 hours)
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut nectar
- Pinch Himalayan salt
How to Make
- Drain the cashews and blend for 1-2 minutes or until broken down into fine pieces
- Add the cacao and dates to the blender and blender into a paste
- Add the juice pulp to the blender and blitz until mixed
- Add the coconut oil, coconut nectar and approx 3/4 of the desiccated coconut. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and roll into equally sized balls
- Roll the balls in the remaining desiccated coconut
- Place the finished chocolate truffle bliss balls in the fridge to set
This recipe will make approx 10-12 chocolate truffle bliss balls. Keep the balls in the fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
Note: the pulp I used was from the Optimum 600 cold press juicer and quite dry. I your juicer gives wet pulp I would suggest using a nut milk bag to remove excess liquid before making this recipe.
I made the recipe in the Optimum 9400 blender.
Subscribe To Natural Juice Junkie
Want the latest information and exclusive offers and recipes?