The benefits of cabbage juice have been documented for many years, but making a cabbage juice taste good is not the easiest task. That is why for the Winter Cleanse I decided to use this amazing ingredient in a warm soup instead.
The beneficial effect of red cabbage is believed to be due to the amino acid glutamine, which is needed by the surface of the small intestine in order to regenerate.
Juicy Ingredients (makes enough for 2-3 people)
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 1 apple
- 1 small handful walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 pint / 500ml water
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Peel onion
- Core the apple
- Chop all ingredients
- Place onion, apple, red cabbage apple cider vinegar, stock cube, water, salt and pepper in a high speed blender (such as the Optimum 9400)
- Blend until smooth
- For warm soup, continue blending at high speed for 4-5 minutes or transfer to a pan and gently heat on the hob
- Transfer to serving bowls
- Top with roughly chopped walnuts
Subscribe To Natural Juice Junkie
Want the latest information and exclusive offers and recipes?