Want to feel good? Cashew nuts are high in the amino acid tryptophan, which helps your body to make the FEEL GOOD hormone, serotonin
Cashews are also a great source of minerals, containing:
- 31% of the recommended daily amount (RDA) of copper, which contains antioxidants that render free radicals harmless, helping to protect against heart disease and cancer;
- 23% of the RDA of manganese. In animal studies, manganese-depleted diets have led to high blood sugars similar to those seen in diabetics. Whether this is true in humans has not yet been determined;
- 20% of the RDA of magnesium, which can help reduce migraines, improve cognitive ability, and also lower blood pressure;
- 17% of the RDA of phosphorus, which is important for growth and cellular reproduction. Phosphorus also helps the breakdown of nutrients by releasing the potential energy stored inside of the food you eat.
- 1 cup of cashew nuts (soaked for 2-3 hours)
- 3 cups of filtered water
How to Make It
- Soak the nuts in 3 cups of filtered water for 2-3 hours
- Drain the nuts
- Place nuts in a high speed blender and add 3 cups of filtered water
- Blend for 60 seconds (I used the nut milk programme on the Optimum G2.1 blender)
- Strain using a nut milk bag or fine muslin cloth
I use the Optimum G2.1 blender from Froothie.
Subscribe To Natural Juice Junkie
Want the latest information and exclusive offers and recipes?